Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Thunderstorms, Oh My!

I thought thunderstorms would get boring after a while, but they continue to amaze me. Yesterday, I was helping Ashlee with her project. We get out to put back some salamanders, come back to the car, and the sky opens up. It quite literally dumped buckets! We drove to where we were going to do a plot search and suddenly the rain stopped! Talk about luck. The rest of the day wasn't too exciting...I pinned my poor beetles so that I can better identify them. Unfortunately, that meant I had to kill them. I was so sad! So, to cheer myself up, I made a pizookie and watched Blazing Saddles!

Today was interesting, because I was doing a plot search again and the thunder was so loud it sounded as if a bomb had gone off. It was crazy! We had to run back to the car in the pouring rain, but no harm done (it was also 94 degrees...) I got an email back from a Carabidologist (studies ground beetles) at Cornell, so hopefully I will get these beetles identified. Most of my housemates are heading out to a concert tonight, but I'm not going. I'm going to take it easy, do a little laundry, and watch a movie. Not too much exciting going on...I bet I forgot something though.

-Over and Out

1 Comments:

At 3/8/06 6:39 PM, Blogger jkim5154 said...

What's a pizookie? A pizza cookie? Just guessin'. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home