The Top of the World



Talk about laid-back days! Today, I spent the morning reading and doing little else. Then, we went to Scoharie (Middleburgh) to go on a hike up a "mountain." I've determined that everything considered a mountain in the east is really a hill or a mini-mountain!
So, we went up to the top of this wonderful mountain, and could basically see all of the farm country! It was really cool. There was a tree sticking out of the side of the rock face (http://www.rsf16.fotix.net/). There were also names carved into the stones dating back to the 1800's! So, we hiked back down after an amazing view, then the other REU intern and I went to the grocery store.
This was an important trip, because now I will never have to shop for food again! I just need some vegetables...I'm going into vegetarian withdrawal!!! Farmer's market tomorrow! This trip yielded a muffin tin with which I made muffins this afternoon.
Now, off to dinner (with my newly bought food items) and then relax and read up on amphibians as indicators of ecosystem health!
-Signing Out!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home