Saturday, June 17, 2006

They Have Parties, Too, In the Middle of NoWhere


So, most of today was not that interesting. I worked on invertebrate extractor summaries, tallying up number of individuals caught in each order. Then I sat in on the annual meeting, during which I learned a bunch about the history of the preserve and the town of Renselaerville. The interesting part of the day came at 6pm, when we went over to the local Institute of Science Library for a cocktail party/auction (see above images of the house). This was an exciting experience because I had never seen this odd upperish class socializing and dallying away the evening. They had hors d'ouevres, I guess home-made, and a bar. You needed a ticket to get one drink at the bar, and a ticket cost $20! I was covered by a nice couple who are very involved in the well-being of the preserve. Interesting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home