Thursday, June 15, 2006

Small Mammals and Plant Taxonomy


Lincoln Pond Cottage...Ain't it cute?

My room; I actually have a pretty large room all to myself right now!


Yesterday, I woke up at 5:30am (EST), looked at my watch, tried to stand up, and went back to sleep. You may ask why I was getting up so early. Well, I wanted to go small mammal trapping! But, it all worked out well in the end...the researchers were running late and I ended up going with them at 7:30am. It was great fun and we saw lots of little rodents, weighed them, sexed them, and fed them peanuts!

In the afternoon, I had the mundane job of entering plant names into an excel spreadsheet. I eventually have to find the common names of these plants, but one step at a time.

I went to the grocery store, paid way too much for food, bought a plate and utensils because I'm paranoid, and then came back to the house (see above).

I took a shower tonight in the sulfury water...I didn't even think about my chemistry knowledge. My silver necklace is now gold :(

Today was altogether unexciting. I spent the morning working some more on plant taxonomy. I ate a quick lunch. Then, the afternoon included organizing the research collection of invertebrates, which are pretty cool. However, I am still not seeing the research experience, yet! I think we're having a meeting about that on Monday, ie. what our responsibilities are, etc.

Right now it's pretty windy out and it's supposed to storm! Cool.

- Signing out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home