Thursday, June 22, 2006

Wildlife Rehabilitation and Really Bad Roads



Today began as many others have, however, with the added perk of jogging through the forest at 8:30am! Had a little lecture on the Principles of Ecology, and then the fun began!

We had a field trip out to the Wildlife Rehabilitator. Apparently, as part of this internship I will be helping out once every one or two weeks. Should be fun! She has lots of animals, from turtles, to hawks, to baby owls, and a squirrel. I'll post pictures soon. In order to get to this wonderful place, though, we had to travel on roads that hardly existed. It was a rocky, bumpy fifteen minutes, but I survived.

That's about all the excitement for the day. I climbe a tree and then had trouble figuring out how to get back down. I'm also dying for some fresh vegetables! Grocery shopping tomorrow and farmer's market on Saturday...FINALLY! Us poor vegetarians suffer in this middle-of-nowhere world!

-Signing out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home