Friday, June 30, 2006

WOODSTOCK!!!



So, today was what you would call a "Staff Bonding" day. Instead of doing work on the preserve, we went out to Opus 40. For those of you (probably everyone) who haven't heard of Opus 40, it's this cool quarry out in Saugerties, NY. This man named Harvey Fite was an artist who settled there in 1939. He started building sculptures and a tower-like thing (see photo). It was fun; we had a picnic lunch, wandered around, and talked.

Then, at around 3pm, we decided to check out Woodstock. You have all probably heard this name, but I don't know how many of you have actually walked around in the town. It's really cute: lots of little hippie stores, restaurants, and antiques. We only spent about an hour wandering around there. I bought raspberry truffle coffee (someone else got chocolate coffee) and I'm excited about brewing it! There were tons of skirts I wanted, but kind of out of my price range. It was also fun, nonetheless.

Now, we're going to watch LOTR!!!

-signing off!

1 Comments:

At 1/7/06 9:37 PM, Blogger jkim5154 said...

Hey Rachel!

I'm enjoying your updates! You're surrounded by such beautiful nature. Photo expeditions! :) Glad to hear what you've been up to. I'm been in lab and studying for MCATs. Oh, and my bike was stolen. Blah! Take care!

Julie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home