It's Been A While
So, I'll make this short and snappy, but it has been a while. This weekend was kind of interesting for several reasons. First of all, on Friday we had a barbeque at the Director of the preserve's house. I made oatmeal, dark chocolate chunk, dried cherry cookies. They were the best part of the evening if I don't say so myself!
Then, Saturday I did Yoga, went to the farmer's market (I sold a pair of earrings!), and checked out the library. It was also Luke's birthday, so his parents, brother, and grandmother came up to celebrate. They brought cake and his mother was very adament that everyone eat a piece (I didn't...don't like cake). They also brought champagne, which I was coerced into drinking. After about 2oz of it I had a headache...Ashlee says I bring a whole new meaning to "light weight". So I spent the evening writhing in pain, watching Gosford Park, and working on my paper.
Sunday was uneventful...I spent the entire day trying to get my beetles to decide between a worm, a centipede, and a springtail. There are still 2 more (out of 20) who need to eat (after 4 days!). Then, for dinner we took Luke out to Oakhill Kitchen (same place as my birthday)...mmm! We had better-than-sex cake (one of the few types of cakes I actually like - ie. drenched in carmel/sweetened condensed milk so it has lost its fluffy texture) after we got back. Soooo yummy.
Then came Monday and the middle school science camp! They're a good bunch of kids, I guess. Life goes on...I have about 2.5 weeks left of interning and then it's off to my cousin's wedding and back home. Wow, time flies when you're having fun (and getting mosquito bites on the back of your neck in the middle of the night that are so placed that it looks like a vampire bit you).
-Signing Off

1 Comments:
Hey light weight! :) Those cookies sound really good...
Post a Comment
<< Home